By Sudha R. Kini MD
Cytopathology of Neuroendocrine Neoplasia: Color Atlas and Text
The neuroendocrine procedure is attention-grabbing. it really is an interesting, advanced process. for hundreds of years, it has sustained the curiosity of scientists, who've supplied the neighborhood with a wealth of data on neuroendocrine tumors types—history, genetics, medical presentation, surgical pathology, differential diagnoses…on every little thing except cytopathology…until now.
This unique colour atlas fills a long-standing void in neuroendocrine assets. This atlas offers transparent, descriptive info at the cytopathology of neuroendocrine tumor types and differential diagnoses in a single state-of-the-art, complete source. This distinct atlas is devoted solely to delivering professional, illustrated insurance of the cytopathology of neuroendocrine tumors.
Inside, the content material addresses the large distribution of the neuroendocrine cells within the physique and the ever present nature in their neoplasms. Readers also will discover exact descriptions of the morphologic spectrum of the neoplasms (including assorted terminologies), in addition to their immunocytohistochemical houses, linked ultrastructural findings, secretory items, and their organization with many hereditary syndromes.
Put the facility of this atlas to paintings for you!
• specific assurance of cytomorphology of neuroendocrine neoplasia presents details no longer present in textbooks
• present tumor classifications for every physique system are integrated as an appendix on the finish of every chapter.
• Over a thousand full-color pictures detail a variety of tumor websites and kinds, supporting in refining the differential diagnosis.
• convenient glossary is helping make clear modifications in terminology.
Read Online or Download Cytopathology of Neuroendocrine Neoplasia: Color Atlas and Text PDF
Similar oncology books
Proteases that act within the extracellular atmosphere were traditionally linked to tumorigenesis and metastasis through advantage in their skill to hold out "path-clearing" for melanoma cells. long ago few years it has develop into transparent that additionally they form the pericellular signaling setting, with profound results for mobile destiny and phenotype in either basic improvement and disorder states.
Importance of Stem Cells to Tumor DevelopmentCancer stem cells stay a arguable subject and the factors that outline melanoma stem cells are carrying on with to adapt. a contemporary surge in stem phone study has ignited a box of discovery into many human ailments together with diabetes, neuropathologies, and melanoma.
The acknowledgment that viruses are powerful organic components in using many cancers have noticeable a dramatic upsurge in recent times largely to the luck of the human papilloma virus vaccine opposed to invasive cervical carcinomas and via the awarding of the noble prize in drugs in 2008 to Dr.
The second one version of this booklet is dedicated solely to the liver. it truly is even more finished than the former variation released sixteen years in the past, and contains thrice as many illustrations in addition to the "TNM category of tumors of the liver". a few new lesions are defined, viz. biliary papillomatosis, the fibrolamellar version of hepatocellular carcinoma and epithelioid haemangioendothelioma.
- New Approaches in the Treatment of Cancer (Cancer Etiology, Diagnosis and Treatments)
- Manual of total mesorectal excision
- Cancer Bioinformatics: From Therapy Design to Treatment
- The Kinetochore:: From Molecular Discoveries to Cancer Therapy
- Esophageal Cancer: Principles and Practice
Extra resources for Cytopathology of Neuroendocrine Neoplasia: Color Atlas and Text
CYTOPATHOLOGIC FEATURES OF CARCINOID TUMOR, SPINDLE CELL TYPE Cellularity Variable, generally very cellular Presentation Loosely cohesive cells and in tissue fragments with fascicular pattern or swirls Cells Round to spindle shaped, well to poorly defined cell borders Nucleus Round to oval; oblong; smooth nuclear borders; N/C ratios generally high; chromatin coarsely granular, salt–pepper type; nucleolus +/−; no nuclear molding; no karyorrhexis; mitoses absent; no stretch artifacts Cytoplasm Scant to moderate; rarely oncocytic Background Clean Histochemistry Argyrophilic Immunoprofile Reactive to neuroendocrine markers and (CAM5, 2 and CK7), TTF-1, CD56 Ultrastructure Membrane-bound neurosecretory granules Differential Diagnoses Medullary thyroid carcinoma Spindle cell thymoma Malignant melanoma Soft tissue tumors Squamous carcinoma with spindle cell pattern Differential Diagnoses of Spindle Cell Carcinoid Tumor (Figs.
13) and adenocarcinoma cells, when the latter are of small size. Metastatic Carcinoid Tumor to Other Body Sites (Figs. 28) Fig. 25: A–D: Metastatic Carcinoid Tumor. FNA of a subcutaneous mass over the shoulder in a patient with a history of pulmonary carcinoid tumor. (c) 2015 Wolters Kluwer. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 3: Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Tumors 45 A B Fig. 26: Metastatic Pulmonary Carcinoid Tumor in Liver. A: FNA of a liver mass in a patient with a history of pulmonary carcinoid tumor (same case as Fig.
Color Atlas of Pulmonary Cytopathology. ; 2002. a neuroendocrine tumor can be easily made, but the diagnostic specificity is low. 10). METASTATIC ATYPICAL CARCINOID TUMORS TO OTHER BODY SITES Atypical carcinoid tumors metastasize more frequently than typical carcinoid tumors do. The common sites are hilar/mediastinal lymph nodes, liver, bones, serous membranes skin, and subcutaneous tissues. 47 LARGE CELL NEUROENDOCRINE CARCINOMA (LCNEC), (NEC, GRADE III, POORLY DIFFERENTIATED NEC, HIGHGRADE NEC) LCNECs have been fairly recently recognized as a subtype of pulmonary neuroendocrine tumors, characterized by their distinctive morphology such as neuroendocrine growth patterns, large cells with coarse nuclear chromatin, prominent nucleoli, variable amounts of cytoplasm, high mitotic rate, infarct-like necrosis, and neuroendocrine differentiation both immunohistochemically and ultrastructurally.
Cytopathology of Neuroendocrine Neoplasia: Color Atlas and Text by Sudha R. Kini MD