By Gary K. Schwartz
Specialist physician-scientists and clinicians assessment these mixtures of novel objective brokers vintage chemotherapies that carry the main promise for the way forward for clinical oncology, and element their optimum series, pharmacokinetic interactions, and interplay with downstream mobile signs. The mixtures run the gamut of precise cures opposed to mobile floor receptors (EGF-R and HER2), the mobile cycle (the CDKs), sign transduction occasions (PKC and NF-kB), apoptosis (bcl-2), in addition to targeted cures in ovarian melanoma, hematologic ailments, and breast melanoma. The authors emphasize novel translational techniques which are speedily relocating from the laboratory bench best to the patient's bedside for the longer term remedies in melanoma treatment.
Read or Download Combination Cancer Therapy: Modulators and Potentiators (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development) PDF
Similar oncology books
Proteases that act within the extracellular atmosphere were traditionally linked to tumorigenesis and metastasis via advantage in their skill to hold out "path-clearing" for melanoma cells. long ago few years it has turn into transparent that in addition they form the pericellular signaling surroundings, with profound effects for phone destiny and phenotype in either basic improvement and affliction states.
Importance of Stem Cells to Tumor DevelopmentCancer stem cells stay a debatable subject and the standards that outline melanoma stem cells are carrying on with to conform. a up to date surge in stem phone study has ignited a box of discovery into many human illnesses together with diabetes, neuropathologies, and melanoma.
The acknowledgment that viruses are effective organic elements in riding many cancers have visible a dramatic upsurge lately largely to the luck of the human papilloma virus vaccine opposed to invasive cervical carcinomas and via the awarding of the noble prize in medication in 2008 to Dr.
The second one version of this ebook is dedicated totally to the liver. it truly is even more accomplished than the former version released sixteen years in the past, and contains thrice as many illustrations in addition to the "TNM type of tumors of the liver". a couple of new lesions are defined, viz. biliary papillomatosis, the fibrolamellar variation of hepatocellular carcinoma and epithelioid haemangioendothelioma.
- A diagnostic atlas of tumors of the upper aero-digestive tract: a transnasal video endoscopic approach
- New Treatment Paradigms in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Peritoneal Surface Malignancies: A Curative Approach
- Target Discovery and Validation Reviews and Protocols: Volume 2: Emerging Molecular Targets and Treatment Options
- DNA Methylation, Epigenetics and Metastasis (Cancer Metastasis - Biology and Treatment)
Additional info for Combination Cancer Therapy: Modulators and Potentiators (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 2001;20:A831. 104. Townsley C, Major P, Siu LL, et al. Phase II study of OSI-774 in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer 2002;38, Suppl 7:57 (abstract 179). 105. Torrance CJ, Jackson PE, Montgomery E, et al. Combinatorial chemoprevention of intestinal neoplasia. Nature Med 2000;6:1024–1028. 106. Hidalgo M, Erlichman C, Rowinsky EK, et al. Phase 1 trial of EKB-569, an irreversible inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), in patients with advanced solid tumors.
108. Rusnak DW, Lackey K, Aflleck K, et al. The effects of the novel, reversible Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor/ErbB-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor , GW2016, on the growth of human normal and tumor-derived cell lines in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther 2001;1:85–94. 109. Fry DW, Bridges AJ, Denny WA, et al. Specific, irreversible inactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor and erbB2, by a new class of tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998;95:12,022–12,027. 110. Zinner RG, Nemunaitis JJ, Donato NJ, et al.
Kim ES, Mauer AM, Fossella FV, et al. A phase II study of Erbitux (IMC-C225), an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) blocking antibody, in combination with docetaxel in chemotherapy refractory/resistant patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 2002;21:A1168. 80. Robert F, Ezekiel MP, Spencer SA, et al. Phase I study of anti-epidermal growth factor receptor antibody cetuximab in combination with radiation therapy in patients with advanced head and neck cancer.
Combination Cancer Therapy: Modulators and Potentiators (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development) by Gary K. Schwartz