By Gerald R. Adams, Michael Berzonsky
This quantity brings jointly a workforce of prime psychologists to supply a cutting-edge review of adolescent improvement.
- Leading specialists offer state-of-the-art studies of conception and study.
- Covers matters at the moment of such a lot significance when it comes to simple and/or utilized examine and coverage formula.
- Discusses a variety of subject matters from simple tactics to challenge habit.
- The excellent foundation for a path on adolescent improvement or for utilized professions looking the easiest of up to date wisdom approximately teens.
- A necessary reference for school wishing to maintain up to date with the newest advancements within the box.
- Now to be had in complete textual content on-line through xreferplus, the award-winning reference library on the internet from xrefer. for additional information, stopover at www.xreferplus.com
Read or Download Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
This quantity brings jointly a group of major psychologists to supply a cutting-edge assessment of adolescent improvement. major specialists supply state-of-the-art stories of idea and learn. Covers matters at present of such a lot value by way of simple and/or utilized learn and coverage formula.
There's turning out to be expertise of the typical problems skilled by way of bad adolescents who develop up in cities--crime and juvenile delinquency, restricted entry to schooling, the unfold of infectious illnesses, homelessness, and excessive charges of unprotected intercourse. they need to cope with susceptible households and social associations, bad exertions marketplace clients, and for the main unlucky, the ravages of gang conflict and the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
For years, the common presentation of autism—the developmental delays, the social and linguistic deficits—has been renowned. regardless of nice edition between little ones with this situation, sure signs are thought of hallmarks of the ailment. much less understood is why those signs come jointly to build autism.
This ebook discusses the most milestones of early mind improvement and the emergence of recognition, inside of and out of doors the mother’s atmosphere, with a selected concentrate on the preterm baby. those insights supply new views on concerns touching on fetal soreness, understanding in newborns, and the results of present electronic media at the constructing toddler mind.
- Flourishing Children: Defining and Testing Indicators of Positive Development
- Encyclopedia of Cross-Cultural School Psychology
- Child Psychology in Retrospect and Prospect: in Celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the institute of Child Development (Minnesota Symposia on Child Psychology)
- Advances in Motivation Science, Volume 2
Extra info for Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence
Boston: Kluwer. , Maes, H. , Malina, R. , & Derom, C. (1998). Univariate and multivariate genetic analysis of subcutaneous fatness and fat distribution in early adolescence. Behavior Genetics, 28(4), 279–288. Billig, J. , Hershberger, S. , Iacono, W. , & McGue, M. (1996). Life events and personality in late adolescence: Genetic and environmental relations. Behavior Genetics, 26(6), 543– 554. Boomsma, D. , van den Bree, M. B. , Orlebeke, J. , & Molenaar, P. C. M. (1989). Resemblances of parents and twins in sports participation and heart rate.
Environmental and behavioral influences on gene activity. Current Directions in Psychological Research, 9, 93–97. Grilo, C. , & Pogue-Geile, M. R. (1991). The nature of environmental influences on weight and obesity: A behavior genetic analysis. Psychological Bulletin, 110, 520–537. Harris, J. , Vernon, P. , & Boomsma, D. I. (1998). The heritability of testosterone: A study of Dutch adolescent twins and their parents. Behavior Genetics, 28(3), 165–171. Heath, A. , Kirk, K. , Meyer, J. , & Martin, N.
Rowe & Plomin, 1981). Some of the similarity between individuals in the same family may be caused by sharing the same genes. , height, eye color). 25, cousins share 4 Joseph Lee Rodgers and David E. 125, etc. Alternatively, some of the similarity between individuals in the same family has as its etiological source the shared environment; this theoretical source of influence causes related individuals to be similar because they share a common environment within the family. For example, parental discipline style may be a shared environmental influence that is in common to all children in a family and that results in similarities between the children in a measure of response to authority.
Blackwell Handbook of Adolescence by Gerald R. Adams, Michael Berzonsky